[ofa-general] librdmacm feature request

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Mon Oct 8 18:48:27 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 16:43 -0700, Roland Dreier wrote:
> > Thanks for the feedback.  I'll give this some thought and see how
>  > difficult it is to add an rdma_modify_channel() routine.
>
> I think this needs to be handled with care, because there is the
> obvious window while an rdma_modify_channel() operation is pending
> where an application has to be prepared for an event to appear on
> either the old channel and the new channel.
>
>  - R.

It shouldn't be too hard.  Assuming you handle the modify channel as a
synchronous action, the thread calling modify channel can't also be in
rdma_get_cm_event at the same time.  So, if you get there and someone is
blocking on that channel and just hasn't been scheduled to run yet, then
leave the event where it is while you switch the channel and send new
events to the new channel.  If they aren't then move any pending events
to the new channel as you do the change.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194

Infiniband specific RPMs available at