[ofa-general] More librdmacm stuff

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 09:37:02 PDT 2007

OK, one of the issues I ran into was that in order to call
rdma_bind_addr(), you had to have an IP address to bind.  What if you
just want to run your RDMA devs without IPoIB?  An rdma_bind_dev() would
be useful.  Then, when a listen request comes in, knowing whether or not
the other end has an IP addr, whether or not your end has an IP addr,
and what they may be is buried inside cm_id->route->addr->src_addr and
cm_id->route->addr->dst_addr.  A couple wrappers to get at these in a
safe manner, and to possibly check that they are even valid at the same
time, would be good I think.  Also, I assume these are persistent
structs that won't be free()d out from under us, so I assume I can pass
those out to upper layers?

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: CFBFF194