[ofa-general] More librdmacm stuff

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Oct 11 18:51:28 PDT 2007

>I'm more referring to when you call rdma_bind_addr to bind to your
>device before you call rdma_connect.  In that instance, your address
>isn't for the eventual destination, but just to bind you to your local
>rdma device.  For that, an rdma_bind_dev that took an ibv context and a
>port number on that device would avoid having to specify an IP address
>that you don't really care about.

Maybe I'm missing something, but you would still use IP addressing to identify
the remote system, which requires IPoIB anyway.  My expectation is that the side
that calls rdma_connect() would usually call rdma_resolve_addr(), and not use
rdma_bind_addr().  This way the local device binding occurs based on the routing
tables to the remote address.