[ofa-general] Building an OFED distribution package

Martin W. Schlining III mschlining at datadirectnet.com
Fri Oct 12 10:22:43 PDT 2007

I'd like to patch the OFED-1.2.5 source file ib_srp.h (or use the modified
source file) and rebuild the source RPM (whichever one ib_srp.h comes
from) and
the OFED 1.2.5 distribution package. Just to make things nice and neat for
local use. The goal is to have a local OFED distribution package that
already
contains the changes I need.

I'll probably want to do the same for OFED 1.3 when it is released.

Now, how do I do this? There is a promising entry on the OpenFabrics
web page called "How to integrate a patch in a local copy of OFED and
rebuild the source rpm ?", but the link is out of date.

I'm not an expert on rpm building or patches, so I may need a few mundane
details.

What is the best way to do this?

Martin