[ofa-general] ibcheckerrrors/perfquery failure

Greg Kurtzer gmk at lbl.gov
Fri Oct 12 13:27:00 PDT 2007

I am getting this error with the current packaged releases:

# ibcheckerrors
perfquery: iberror: failed: perfquery
Error check on lid 2 (Topspin DDR-HCAe LX x8) port all:  FAILED
perfquery: iberror: failed: perfquery
Error check on lid 1 (ibtest1 HCA-1) port all:  FAILED

##          2 ports checked, 0 ports have errors beyond threshold

ibcheckerrors seems to be calling the script ibcheckerrs with a port
of 255 and ibcheckerrs is calling the binary perfquery with the "-a"
option (which is apparently not working as it is supposed to query
all ports) which then calls into libibmad (port_performance_query and
then pma_query).

I am using libibmad-1.1.2 and infiniband-diags-1.3.2 which are the
latest versions from the download directory on the web site. Is it
possible this is a bug, or did I grab incompatible versions of the
packages?

Many thanks!

Greg

note: Please CC me with any replies as I am not (yet) a list member.
Thanks again. :)

--
Greg Kurtzer
gmk at lbl.gov