[ofa-general] Missing IB_EVENT_PATH_MIG events

lbt transter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 16:54:57 PDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying out APM with OFED 1.2 , using Mellanox dual-port HCA (ib_mthca
driver).  When I have several RCQP's that I am trying to migrate (software
triggered migration using ib_modify_qp), I've noticed that sometimes 1 or 2
of the remote QP's never generate an IB_EVENT_PATH_MIG or even an
IB_EVENT_PATH_MIG_ERR ... it seems that it just gets lost. I looked through
some of the ib_mthca patches in
git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/roland/infiniband.git, and incorporated
the mmiowb patch for ib_mthca commands (
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/roland/infiniband.git;a=commit;h=76d7cc0345a037e8eea426f8abc710abd22946dd).
But still seeing same issue. I have a test case that repeates
software-triggered migrations + rearming in a loop, and this problem usually
occurs in the first few cycles, but is not too frequent. If anyone has any
ideas on what might be wrong, or tips on  where I can look/do to debug this,
that would be very much appreciated!

For example, this is the console output I will see (printed out by our rcqp
event handler):
On the local end - initiates software triggered migration, using
ib_modify_qp:
Event IB_EVENT_PATH_MIG occurred on QP#1043
Event IB_EVENT_PATH_MIG occurred on QP#1040
Event IB_EVENT_PATH_MIG occurred on QP#1033

On the remote end:
Event IB_EVENT_PATH_MIG occurred on QP#1040
Event IB_EVENT_PATH_MIG occurred on QP#1043

Thanks so much for any pointers!
Lan