[ofa-general] librdmacm port selection for rdma_bind_addr()

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Wed Oct 17 08:57:13 PDT 2007

> Thanks, For all the sample code, the call rdma_resolve_addr() specify
> a port number, which is the same as port number when calling
> rdma_bind_addr()
> on the other side,

Correct - rdma_resolve_addr() does a couple of things:

1. It calls rdma_bind_addr() for the local id if it has not already been
called.
2. It sets the destination address, including port number.
3. For IB, it maps the destination IP address to a DGID.

> I hope port number is not necessary for rdma_resolve_addr() call.

This is the only call that sets the destination address and port number.
  Although the IP address mapping doesn't use the port number, it would
still need to be set before calling rdma_resolve_route() to support QoS.