[ofa-general] Behavior on dropped message

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Fri Oct 19 18:40:17 PDT 2007

Hi,
	I have question on dropped message. During QP connection setup,
QPs are in INIT state, after exchange the qp_num,
one end is moving INIT-->RTR-->RTS, the other end is still in INIT
state.

	Then the side in RTS state sends a message. From the standard,
the message is silently dropped on the receiving
side because it is still in INIT state. What is the behavior on the
sending side ? Do I get compeletion error, or never
get a completion ?

	On Mellanox HCA, I got completion error. But for the new
connectX card, I never get a completion event, and my
code is hanging there.

	Thanks for explanation.

--CQ