[ofa-general] [RFP] support for iWARP requirement - active connect side MUST send first FPDU

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Oct 23 16:57:30 PDT 2007

> That is what I've been trying to push.  Both MVAPICH2 and OMPI have been
> open to adjusting their transports to adhere to this requirement.
>
> I wouldn't mind implementing something to enforce this in the IWCM or
> the iWARP drivers IF there was a clean way to do it.  So far there
> hasn't been a clean way proposed.

Why can't either uDAPL or iW CM always do a send from the active to
passive side that gets stripped off?  From the active side, the first
send is always posted before any user sends, and if necessary, a user
send can be queued by software to avoid a QP/CQ overrun.  The completion
can simply be eaten by software.  On the passive side, you have a
similar process for receiving the data.

(Yes this adds wire protocol, which requires both sides to support it.)