[ofa-general] OpenFabrics Developer's Summit: tentative agenda

Johann George johann.george at qlogic.com
Tue Oct 23 17:31:59 PDT 2007

Or,

Thanks for your feedback.  We can certainly expand, shorten and change
sessions around to maximize benefit for the attendees.

> I suggest that --none-- of this list (with the possible exception of
> 7 && 8) would be left for Friday

We are hoping that most attendees will stay for the entire summit.
Nevertheless, some people have early flights on Friday while others
have commitments that prevent them from attending several of the
sessions on Thursday.  Hopefully both these groups are a minority.

> maybe in the price of doing parallel sessions.

We usually get negative feedback with parallel sessions since
attendees inevitably run into conflicts.

> And yes, some or most of them need way more then 20 minutes,
> specifically 1 && 2 where we will need at least 45 minutes  each -
> this is my take.

I do agree that we would benefit from more discussion but it is near
impossible to pack all the topics in the time allotted.  What I am
hoping is that we can present the issues concisely during the sessions
and facilitate continued discussions afterwards.  Many members of the
community are unfamiliar with the details of the issues.

> I will be availble to further argue on the matter starting on Sunday
> when back from vacation...

I can't wait. :-)

Seriously, thanks much for the feedback.  If the majority feel we
should move some sessions, we'll do our best to accommodate people's
schedules.

Johann