[ofa-general] [RFP] support for iWARP requirement- activeconnectside MUST send first FPDU

Kanevsky, Arkady Arkady.Kanevsky at netapp.com
Wed Oct 24 07:52:40 PDT 2007

The bottom line we need to single solution which works for all vendors.
This issue cause interoperability problems.
So Customers will stay on the sideline until these type of issues are
resolved.
Hiding behind protocol holes is not going to help adoption.

Will sending 0-size send message from initiator side work?
Can IWCM on responder side squeeze 0-size buffer to recv this message
and swallow it. Hope that there is no check that need to be done
on all comletions? Will work for both interrupt and polling mode?

I still believe that it will be simplier to add it to MPA protocol.
Thanks,

Arkady Kanevsky                       email: arkady at netapp.com
Network Appliance Inc.               phone: 781-768-5395
1601 Trapelo Rd. - Suite 16.        Fax: 781-895-1195
Waltham, MA 02451                   central phone: 781-768-5300