[ofa-general] [RFP] support for iWARP requirement - activeconnect side MUST send first FPDU

Michael Krause krause at cup.hp.com
Wed Oct 24 10:58:01 PDT 2007

The proper action is to propose a new MPA specification to the IETF - it
isn't an OFA decision to make.  MPA within the IETF was a tough fight to
get into existence.  This particular issue was raised and the outcome from
that debate is what is in the 1.0 specification (it is a standard if I
recall not a draft).   Fine to argue here but action and specification work
must be brought up in the IETF RDDP workgroup and likely to be vetted as
well by the TSVWG and Transport AD (both weighed in quite a bit during
MPA's creation).

If the IETF approves a new draft, then OFA can develop the associated
software.  But there may be multiple software stacks to deal with legacy
hardware / drivers so the problem isn't just fixed by providing a new MPA
specification.   People are using iWARP today that is compliant with
today's MPA specification.

Mike