[ofa-general] message is received but sender report error.

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Wed Oct 24 18:56:20 PDT 2007

Roland:
	On OFED 1.2, we recently find an error, when sender post an
immediate send as follows:

        sr.next = NULL;
        sr.sg_list = &ssg;
        sr.num_sge = 0;
        sr.opcode = IBV_WR_SEND_WITH_IMM;
        sr.send_flags = IBV_SEND_SIGNALED;
        sr.wr_id = (uint64_t)RIGHT;
        err = ibv_post_send(hpmp_ibv->ring_right_hndl, &sr, &bad_sr);

the receiver has successfully got an event, and
(compl.opcode&IBV_WC_RECV_RDMA_WITH_IMM) is true.

However, the sender got an completion with compl.status=12, which is
retry count exceeded, how is this possible ?
One thing I can tell is that receiver destroy the QP after receiving
above message.

Thanks.
--CQ