[ofa-general] [GIT PULL] please pull infiniband.git

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Oct 25 10:12:19 PDT 2007

 > Roland, any further news on this?

I did not manage to get the IPoIB connected mode without SRQ patch
merged in time.  I tried to fix up your latest patch to apply to the
current tree, but while doing that I found several apparent bugs (eg I
don't see how it is safe to destroy a QP and free all pending receives
while another thread might be handling receives, calling
ipoib_cm_dev_cleanup just because a new QP failed to be allocated
looks wrong) and also a few things that seemed needlessly complicated
(eg duplicating code in the RX WC handler and the timer handling).  So
I basically started rewriting the patch.  I'm almost done and I will
post the results soon, and I expect this to be the first patch I queue
for 2.6.25.

(BTW, when posting patches, please make sure that they apply with -p1;
your latest posting at least has an extra level in the pathnames.  And
also always include the full patch description for the changelog, so I
don't have to recreate it when merging the patch)

 - R.