[ofa-general] [RFC] upstream IB router support

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Oct 25 10:15:09 PDT 2007

> My take ($0.02) on this is (at most) experimental if it is to be pushed
> upstream.

I agree.  I just didn't want to bother with this change without support
for merging the changes upstream.

> The issue I see is how prestandard v. standard IB routers can be dealt
> with as cleanly as possible.

IMO, the risk is minimal.  The patches do not introduce any new
protocols or SA attributes.  Visible changes are limited to setting the
DLID field in the CM REQ message to an invalid value that the passive
side keys off of to determine the correct value.  A node which does not
support this would simply reject the connection with an invalid LID.