[ofa-general] Re: [ewg] OFED October 22 meeting summary on OFED 1.3 alpha status and beta tasks

Stefan Roscher stefan.roscher at de.ibm.com
Fri Oct 26 02:12:57 PDT 2007

Hi Vlad,

the problem still exists with the latest build. But I don't think it is an
install.pl problem.
We had a discussion with Doug weeks ago and I think there we figured out
the problem. The discussion is here:
http://lists.openfabrics.org/pipermail/ewg/2007-August/004408.html
I hope we can solve this as fast as possible, maybe we should involve Doug
again?

Kind Regards

Stefan Roscher

InfiniBand/HEA Linux Device Driver Development
Phone: ++49 (0) 7031-16-2015
Mail:stefan.roscher at de.ibm.com
Labor Boeblingen, D3627/7103-19 (009),
Schoenaicher Str. 220, D-71032 Boeblingen, Germany

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen

Vladimir Sokolovsky <vlad at dev.mellanox.co.il>
23.10.2007 17:10
Please respond to
vlad at mellanox.co.il

Hoang-Nam Nguyen/Germany/IBM at IBMDE
cc
Tziporet Koren <tziporet at mellanox.co.il>, Stefan
Roscher/Germany/IBM at IBMDE, ewg at lists.openfabrics.org,
general at lists.openfabrics.org
Subject

Hoang-Nam Nguyen wrote:
> Hi,
>> 3. Tasks that should completed for the beta:
>>    4. Fix compilation problems on PPC with 32 bits - Vlad
>> (Mellanox) -
>>          Nam please open a bug on this issue
> Stefan has created #746 "Installation of 32-bit libibverbs failed".
> @Vlad, since we'll have rpm spec for user space with beta, would it
> better to tackle this with rpm specs? For libibverbs is it
> libibverbs.spec.in we need to look at?
> Thanks
> Nam

Hi Nam,
Please recheck this issue with the latest OFED-1.3 build.
If this issue still exist then it is probably install.pl issue.

Please update me,
Thanks,

Vladimir