[ofa-general] umad agent question?

Robert Pearson rpearson at systemfabricworks.com
Tue Oct 30 07:53:07 PDT 2007

Sasha, Hal,

I am trying to create a vendor (group1) class management agent using
libibumad. I am successful in registering the agent with method mask set to
0xe = get/put/send. When I use a send message from another system the
message is received but apparently not when I use get or set. I say
apparently because the system issuing the get or set receives a response but
the user agent never returns from umad_recv. Is there by any chance some
sample code somewhere in the OFA tree that exercises this functionality that
I could look at? Also, I am curious why the method mask does not cover the
response bit. How does this work. If you are registered for get do you
automatically get get_response packets?

Bob Pearson