[ofa-general] librdmacm 1.0.4 release

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Oct 30 09:03:16 PDT 2007

>> librdmacm/man: update man pages to clarify connection request params
>
> I think you have mentioned that some documentation update is planned?

See the man page updates that were made.  There may still be some errors
or omissions, but I tried to address Doug's comments.

> - param.retry_count is ignored in the passive side rdma-cm code and the
> IB cm uses the one present in the req message.

correct - there's a comment in the header file about the passive side
ignoring this value

> - param.rnr_retry_count is not ignored in the passive side, but from
> looking in the code, I was not sure if the value used is the one present
> in the req or the one supplied by the passive consumer.

The passive side uses the value from the req.  The active side uses the
value from the rep.

> - param.flow_control is a pure SW field which does not get into the QP
> attr. My understanding is that IB RC flow-control means non zero rnr
> counter, is this all? if yes, maybe we need to expose only
> rnr_retry_count field

It's a property of the HCA, but it's not clear to me at the moment what
a user does with this field.