[ofa-general] Port State Change Event

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Sat Sep 8 23:07:44 PDT 2007

Hi.

Batwara, Ashish wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a single point in code where I can get the
> information about the port state change. We are using mthca driver. I
> can see port_change in mthca_eq.c, but here I can only see two states
> – Active and Down. Is there any place in the code where I can see
> about other states as well, e.g. Arm, Init, Active Defer.

What exactly do you need?

I believe that you saw the code that produces the event (port active and
port down events).

The entity that takes care of the machine state of the logical link is
the openSM (or any other Subnet Manager):
It sends MADs to the IB port between the nodes in the subnet, configures
the port's properties and
move the logical link to active state.

thanks
Dotan