[ofa-general] Re: RDMA/iwarp CM question

Kanoj Sarcar kanojsarcar at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 12:07:43 PDT 2007

Response to original mail did not come to me, but I
see it in the archives, responding back to the
archived response. Please reply all on your responses.

If the driver detaches the incoming (child) connection
request from the listener at the point of sending the
IW_CM_EVENT_CONNECT_REQUEST upcall, then for on-card
connection clean up and child state cleanup in driver,
OFA must guarantee that a accept/reject downcall will
be made in the future.

I don't believe that gurantee currently exists. There
is exactly one failure point in the call chain
cm_work_handler():process_event():cm_conn_req_handler()
that driver reject interface is invoked, but at
multiple other failure points, this is not done.

Also, looking at ucma.c, on destruction of a listener,
I believe ucma_cleanup_events() will go around killing
all pending IW_CM_EVENT_CONNECT_REQUEST requests, so
the app will never get a chance to do the
accept/reject.

Doesn't this sound like a problem (namely
provider/card resource leak due to races with listener
destruct)?

Kanoj