[ofa-general] Re: libibumad and valgrind

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Mon Sep 17 13:32:33 PDT 2007

On 22:20 Mon 17 Sep     , Sasha Khapyorsky wrote:
> Hi Hal,
>
> On 12:47 Mon 17 Sep     , Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> > Hi Sasha,
> >
> > Should the default for valgrind be off (in libibumad) ? It seems to be
> > the other way around:
> >
> > src/umad.c:59:6: warning: #warning "Valgrind support requested, but
> > VALGRIND_MAKE_MEM_DEFINED not available"
>
> Hmm, it is "off" on my machine, but valgrind is not installed. I'll
> check how it will with valgrind.

Actually valgrind support is off by default, but there are also check
for valgrind/memcheck.h header file and it is included by umad.h (with
valgrind "off"). Seems your version valgrind does not have
VALGRIND_MAKE_MEM_DEFINED() macro defined for the case when valgrind is
disabled. This message is not very clear.

Sasha