[ofa-general] CM REQ: subnet local versus hop limit meaning

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Mon Sep 17 14:11:09 PDT 2007

Jim Hall wrote:
> Is it valid to have a CM request message with subnet local = 1 and hop
> limit > 1?

I don't see this explicitly called out as invalid, even if it doesn't
make any sense.  As a related note, there are a reject codes for invalid
hop limit and TC.  I guess we have a choice between ignoring hop limit,
TC, and FL if subnet local = 1; versus validating those values and
rejecting the connection if they are unsupported.

Right now, I'm leaning more towards rejecting the connection if subnet
local = 1 and hop limit > 1.  Does anyone else have any thoughts?