[ofa-general] Re: InfiniBand/RDMA merge plans for 2.6.24

Shirley Ma xma at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 17 15:24:12 PDT 2007

netdev-owner at vger.kernel.org wrote on 09/17/2007 02:47:42 PM:

>  > > IPoIB CM handles this properly by gathering together single pages in
>  > > skbs' fragment lists.
>
>  > Then can we reuse IPoIB CM code here?
>
> Yes, if possible, refactoring things so that the rx skb allocation
> code becomes common between CM and non-CM would definitely make sense.

This is also applied to MTU=2K size as well since ppage size is greater
than 2K on different platforms is not guaranteed. This skb issue is an
independent effort with supporting MTU=4K. We need to address non-CM skb
issue in general. Let's have a simple patch to enable MTU=4K support first
in 2.6.24, then address non-CM skb issue in a different patch next, Do you
agree?

Thanks
Shirley