[ofa-general] [RFC 2/2] ib/cm: add basic performance counters

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Mon Sep 17 15:26:47 PDT 2007

>My first reaction would be to stick them somewhere in debugfs.  (I'm
>assuming this feature is for diagnostics etc)

I'm looking into using debugfs, since the counters are mainly for diagnostics,
but are these much different than exposing counters through:

/sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/ports/1/counters   or
/sys/class/net/ib0/statistics   ?

I'm concerned about not having access to these counters because debugfs wasn't
installed.  (I don't see a great solution atm.)