[ofa-general] IBV_WC_WR_FLUSH_ERR: first WQE only or all pending WQE's?

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Sat Sep 22 23:05:04 PDT 2007

Hi.

Scott Guthridge wrote:
> (1) Do I understand the spec correctly?  Should WQE's posted subsequently
> to the one that is going to fail be generating FLUSH errors?

Yes, you are. When the QP state is being changed to the Error (because
of a real error or by the user)
all of the outstanding WRs should be flushed with error for this QP.
> (2) Has anyone seen this behavior before?  Is it common?  [I haven't tried
> switching hardware -- card I'm using *may* not be production level.]  If it
> *is* common behavior, I may need to recode my app. to mark all outstanding
> requests as failed upon receiving the first error, and then ignore any
> subsequent errors, to be defensive about it -- this seems kludgy, though,
> and I'd rather not do that if I don't have to.

You didn't specify which HW you are using, but maybe you should ask for
a FW/SW upgrade for the
HCA that you are using, this may solve your problem.

Dotan