[ofa-general] OFED Sep 24 meeting summary on OFED 1.3 development status

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Sep 25 07:46:09 PDT 2007

Sep 24 OFED meeting summary:
============================
OFED 1.3 related decisions:
---------------------------
1. Agreed on the new OFED 1.3 schedule:
   * Feature freeze - Oct 3
   * Alpha release - Oct 8
   * Beta release - Oct 17 (may change according to 2.6.24 rc1
     availability)
   * RC1 - Oct 24
   * RC2 - Nov 7
   * RC3 - Nov 20
   * RC4 - Dec 4
   * GA release - Dec 18

2. Agree to move to kernel base 2.6.24
   Start with what we have now (2.6.23) and move to 2.6.24 when RC1 is
available.
   This will reduce many patches and with the new timeline seems more
appropriate.

3. We wish to reduce the amount of compilation warnings in the backport
patches.
   Betsy from Qlogic will drive this.

OFA conference after CS07:
* We think we need at least half a day for EWG discussions on future
plans.
* Need to decide on agenda items in the next meetings

Tziporet