[ofa-general] ***SPAM*** uDAPL thread safety

Dev dev_hyd2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 13:31:06 PDT 2007

Hi Arlin,

   Please correct me if I'm wrong ! Does that mean that the OFED uDAPL implementation is thread safe for those routines which the spec describes as thread safe but non threadsafe for those routines which the spec states as "provider dependent"?

cheers

/Dev

Arlin Davis <ardavis at ichips.intel.com> wrote: Dev wrote:
> HI,
> Is the uDAPL provider in OFED 1.2 thread safe ? the dat.conf by default
> has an entry nonthreadsafe and the spec says for some of the routines
> thread safety depends on the provider.

The underlying OFA provider (openib_cma) and stack (rdma_cma,verbs) are
all thread safe but according to udat_config.h the reference
implementation (uDAT,uDAPL common code) is not.

James, can you speak to state of uDAT/uDAPL common code? Is this comment
still true?

-arlin