[ofa-general] Re: the port numbers in some of the rdmacm examples is a fixed value

Dotan Barak dotanb at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Apr 1 06:02:04 PDT 2008

Sean Hefty wrote:
>> I started to work on this patch and for ucmatose everything is fine.
>> The problem is with udaddy: the parameter "-p" is only being used for
>> the port space ...
>> (I really would like to have the same parameter for controlling the port
>> number for ALL of the examples
>> of the librdmacm, but i must admit that without doing some changes it
>> won't happen) ...
>>

> I'd prefer to use the same parameter as well.  If no one objects, I'm okay with
> modifying the udaddy -p parameter.
>

>> what do you think?
>> (do you want me to send you the changes i made so far?)
>>

> Sending me the changes that you have would be fine.  I can finish them up when I
> get some time.

O.k., i sent you one patch which contains:
1) typo fixes (in test name of error message) + spelling typos
2) start of port support to control the port numbers from the command line
(if you wish, i can supply two different patches)

Only a one minute work is required to close this issue and fix the port
number support of the udaddy.

thanks
Dotan