[ofa-general] Re: files preamble

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Apr 1 13:03:32 PDT 2008

>> I am very doubtful that you can remote it.
>> Some of that is based on earlier work by IBM in DAPL which was submitted
>> under 3 licenses.
>
> What?! As far as I know all these files were written by Sean from scratch.

The code is not based on DAPL, and was written from scratch.  I'm pretty sure
that the 3 license are simple copy-paste mistakes.

I started work on the rdma_cm at the same time that someone else on the list
started working on it.  (I can't recall who at the moment.)  I'm guessing that
the original file came with the wrong license for OFA, and I copied it into the
other files without bothering to read it all that carefully.  I don't know if
this is something easily fixed or not.

I'd have to search through the mail list archives to get more of the details.