[ofa-general] can not join due to rate:2.5Gbps < group:10Gbps?

Fri Apr 4 08:25:56 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 10:14 -0500, Todd Rimmer wrote:
> I would not recommend reconfiguring your SM for this situation.

Indeed, if what you say below pans out, I'd rather not.

> Instead, you most likely have a bad cable or possibly a bad HCA or
> switch port.  All IB products shipped within the last 6 years support
> 10g, so the fact your system has negotiated to 2.5g indicates a problem
> with the link.

OK.  I will investigate this.  Is there any more direct method of
determining what rate an HCA has negotiated than using the "ibdiagpath
-l $nid" mechanism that I have been using?  It seems like a kind of
round-about method of getting that information.

> Bad or poorly connected cables are the typical cause.

I will have the hardware guys take another look at that.

Thanx for all the pointers!

b.