[ofa-general] Re: Has anyone tried running RDS over 10GE / IWARP NICs ?

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Fri Apr 4 09:06:42 PDT 2008

 > If not, can some notes be sent to the list? I say lets learn from what
 > you did so far...

In my experience, getting code to work over both IB and iWARP isn't that
hard.  The main points are:

 - Use the RDMA CM for connection establishment (duh)
 - Memory regions used to receive RDMA read responses must have "remote
   write" permission (since in the iWARP protocol, RDMA read responses
   are basically the same as incoming RDMA write requests)
 - Active side of the connection must do the first operation
 - Don't use IB-specific features (atomics, immediate data)

 - R.