[ofa-general] where to report bugs?

Fri Apr 4 13:43:07 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 13:31 -0700, Ira Weiny wrote:

> Are you specifying --prefix on the infiniband-diags configure?

Ahhh.  That would have the undesired effect of relocating my
infiniband-diags wherever I specify --prefix.  This is not quite what I
want.

The ugly details are about to come out.

The problem is that I am not setting a --prefix when I build any of the
prerequisite packages (i.e. opensm, the libraries it depends on, etc.)
as I want everything to actually have a /usr prefix, however for the
purposes of building this stack from the downloadable package of what's
basically SRPMs, I install the prerequisites into a temporary path.

So I have a dir "./tree/" in which I use rpm2cpio < $rpm | cpio -id to
roll the packages into and then point the various configure scripts to
using various --with-* options.  This method has worked so far for:

SRPMS/libibcommon-1.0.8-1.ofed1.3
SRPMS/libibumad-1.1.7-1.ofed1.3
SRPMS/opensm-3.1.10-1.ofed1.3
SRPMS/ibutils-1.2-1.ofed1.3
SRPMS/libibmad-1.1.6-1.ofed1.3

The overall problem is that I cannot taint my pristine build environment
by going along the normal process of "build rpm, install it, build next
rpm, install it, etc.", so I have to install prerequisite RPMs into a
sandbox and point subsequent users (in the build process) of it into the
sandbox.

b.