[ofa-general] where to report bugs?

Fri Apr 4 14:13:42 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 14:06 -0700, Ira Weiny wrote:
> So I guess you want something like:
>
> export CPPFLAGS="-I<sandbox_dir>/include"

CPPFLAGS or CFLAGS?  I could see it being the former but I used the
latter.

> Before you do the configure and build?

That is in effect exactly what I did to deal with this issue.  I just
didn't find it very elegant.  But if that is how the package is meant to
operate, that is fine.  If it were CFLAGS you were promoting the setting
of I would be a bit more sticky because RPM wants to have the CFLAGS for
it's own use:

$ rpm --eval="%configure"

  CFLAGS="${CFLAGS:--O2 -g -fmessage-length=0 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2}" ; export CFLAGS ;
  CXXFLAGS="${CXXFLAGS:--O2 -g -fmessage-length=0 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2}" ; export CXXFLAGS ;
  FFLAGS="${FFLAGS:--O2 -g -fmessage-length=0 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2}" ; export FFLAGS ;
  ./configure --host=x86_64-suse-linux --build=x86_64-suse-linux \
        --target=x86_64-suse-linux \
        --program-prefix= \

And while, yes, you can override CFLAGS and the %configure macro will
use it, I'd rather defer the CFLAGS to whatever the vendor has put into
the RPM macros file(s).

b.