[ofa-general] Re: ipath can work without MSI now?

Dave Olson dave.olson at qlogic.com
Wed Apr 9 09:22:13 PDT 2008

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Roland Dreier wrote:

| Given the commit below, does it make sense to change the Kconfig stuff
|
| config INFINIBAND_IPATH
|         tristate "QLogic InfiniPath Driver"
|         depends on (PCI_MSI || HT_IRQ) && 64BIT && NET
|
| to remove the (PCI_MSI || HT_IRQ), since it seems your new HCA would
| still work on a non-MSI-enabled kernel?

Not really, because it means the 6120 chips would not work,
and the new 7220 still works better with MSI.

I don't think the config mechanism can handle that as it stands
unless we created a different driver.  Or have I missed something
that would cover that issue?

The number of systems without MSI keeps dropping, so I think it's best
to leave it as is.

Dave Olson
dave.olson at qlogic.com