[ofa-general] Is IBIS only for querying OpenSM?

terry watson terrywatson at live.com
Thu Apr 17 11:21:52 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I will be performing some testing of partitioning used as a security control. Am I right in believing that IBIS will be able to set partition table values of the local compute node I am logged on to, even though they are not using OpenSM, but rather a SM on a switch? Could I then attempt to access a partition that I was originally excluded from accessing?

I am new to Infiniband technology and would also appreciate a response from an expert who has views on the strength of the security that partitioning provides in separating two clusters that should have no interaction whatsoever.

Thanks,
Dave