[ofa-general] Oddities with RDMA CM private data

Olaf Kirch olaf.kirch at oracle.com
Mon Apr 21 12:26:55 PDT 2008

I looked into the private_data chunk being exchanged during rdma_cm
connection setup today, and there's something odd. I'm sending 8 bytes
of data, but in the event handlers I get sizes such as 56, and 196.
I haven't tracked it down, but my first suspicion would be that the
code in cma.c adds its own private data, but forgets to decrement
the data_len fields prior to calling the ULP event handler.

Am I misunderstanding the semantics of private_data_len?

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax