[ofa-general] mapping IP addresses to GIDs across IP subnets

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Apr 22 15:46:51 PDT 2008

I have a need to start looking at possible ways to map IP address to GIDs when
crossing IP (and IB) subnets.  This would be in addition to or replace the ARP
use by the rdma_cm.  Possibilities include:

* Use some standard address mapping protocol that I'm not aware of.
* Use global IB service resolution.
* Define/extend an address resolution protocol that operates over IP.
* Define/extend an address resolution protocol that operates over UDP.

I'm hoping that someone has a wonderfully brilliant idea for this that would
take about 1 day to implement.  :)