[ofa-general] 1.3.1 - building with no installation

mar at pism.pl mar at pism.pl
Tue Aug 5 06:33:10 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm struggling to build ofed-1.3.1 rpm's on machine having another ofed
version installed (and in use). install.sh insists like crazy on wiping
all packages first and I can't find any workaround for that. Is there any
known?

What I need to do is to build packages on build host and install them on
bunch on separate hosts. Build host should not be touched in any way -
rpm's not deleted, updated, installed etc. Also building without root
privileges would be welcomed warmly. That's bit crazy that, to get these
rpm's built proper way, I also get build machine devastated as a bonus.

What happened with old, good build.sh script? Any advice?

Regards,

Marcin Mogielnicki