[ofa-general] RDMA n00b: Remote Memory Access and Connection Setup Help

Dotan Barak dotanba at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 14:04:20 PDT 2008

AJ Guillon wrote:

>> Yes, the verb is : ibv_post_send, you should use the RDMA Write opcode.
>> (it add a job to the work queue
>
> Thanks.  When I use RDMA read/write on a remote system, does that
> remote system have to do anything (like poll for events) or are the
> RDMA operations truly transparent to the remote host?
No, before that post the receiver should have created a QP that support
this operation, a MR that support this operation and keep the resources
alive until the sender will finish
all of the read/write (this usually being done by syncing between the
two sides before starting the resources with the SEND opcode or by
rdmacm connection tear down functions )

Dotan