[ofa-general] opensm error when running ibsim

Vincent Ficet jean-vincent.ficet at bull.net
Tue Aug 12 00:54:17 PDT 2008

Hello,

When running the latest opensm with ibsim, I get the following error:

[user at host:~ ] ibsim -s ibsim/net-examples/net.1
[ ... ]

[user at host:~ ] export LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/libumad2sim.so
[user at host:~ ] opensm -f -
OpenSM 3.2.2

ibwarn: [32336] sim_connect: attached as client 2 at node "Switch1"
Entering DISCOVERING state

Error from osm_opensm_bind (0x2A)
Perhaps another instance of OpenSM is already running
Exiting SM

However, no other instance of opensm was running at that time. Digging
further, I realised that commenting out the 'guid' entry in opensm.conf
fixed this issue.

==> Shouldn't opensm have some mechanism that excludes this parameter
when a connection to the sim:ctl socket is made ?

Cheers,

Vincent