[ofa-general] ConnectX IB HCA with Ubuntu 8.04

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Wed Aug 20 12:21:54 PDT 2008

 >    I am trying to get Infiniband up and running on a Ubuntu 8.04
 > system.  I can load the modules and see plenty of infiniband content
 > under /sys/class, but when I try to run ibv_devices, I get this error:
 >
 > libibverbs: Warning: no userspace device-specific driver found for
 > /sys/class/infiniband_verbs/uverbs0

That's because you need to install the device-specific userspace driver ;)

Add my PPA to your software sources:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/roland.dreier/ubuntu hardy main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/roland.dreier/ubuntu hardy main

and do "aptitude install libmlx4-1" and you should be all set.
(the libmlx4 packages are also in the 8.10/Intrepid archive already).

Let me know if you have any issues.

 - R.