[ofa-general] ***SPAM*** Thread Safety and Infiniband Verbs and RDMA

Dotan Barak dotanba at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 12:06:26 PDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 6:45 PM, Adrien Guillon <aj.guillon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm working on my first RDMA application in C++ (hooray).
>
> Are functions from librdmacm and infiniband verbs thread safe, i.e.
> can many threads be posting work on the same connection at the same
> time, or do I have to wrap access with a mutex?

The infiniband verbs library is a thread safe library (i think that i
even mentioned it in the man page of verbs.h).

For the librdmacm, you should ask Sean Hefty, but i'm quite sure that
this library is thread safe too.

Do you have any reason to think that they (or one of them) is not thread safe?

Dotan