***SPAM*** Re: [ofa-general] Efficient management of many connections

Dotan Barak dotanba at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 12:19:39 PDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:13 PM, Adrien Guillon <aj.guillon at gmail.com> wrote:
> I still allocate a separate CQ for each QP right?
You may use a separate CQ for each QP, if this is what you want (or
you can use one CQ for all of those QPs).

> Also, I read
>
> http://www.hpcwire.com/features/17886984.html
>
> the author mentions doom and gloom for scalability.  Is this just fear
> mongering, or is this a real problem?  If I use SRQ's am I in the
> clear for scalability?
Sorry, but i didn't read this article before and i don't have the time
to do it now. But SRQ is an object which helps you create more
scalable SW:
if you have N QPs, and every QP may get M  messages; in the past you
had to post N*M WRs (M WRs to every QP). When using a SRQ, you can
post much less WRs and SRQ is easier to manage because you can use the
LIMIT event to know how many RR there are in the SRQ (QP don't have
this feature).

Dotan