[ofa-general] [ipoib][patch] support default_pkey module option

Al Chu chu11 at llnl.gov
Tue Dec 2 10:07:19 PST 2008

Hi all,

As far as I can tell, the only way to create an ipoib interface w/ a
non-default pkey is to:

1) goto /sys/class/net/ibX/
2) echo $MY_NEW_PKEY > create_child
3) then bring up ibX.MY_NEW_PKEY interface
3a) assuming I don't want the original ib0, bring it down (although
leaving it up, I guess may not harm anything)

It seems somewhat cumbersome for an administrator to script this all up
if they only want 1 ipoib interface w/ a non-default pkey.  The attached
patch creates a module option called "default_pkey" to allow ipoib to
default to a different pkey.  If nothing is input, it still uses the
pkey at index 0.

Al

--
Albert Chu