[ofa-general] RE: [BUG REPORT] mlx4: Incorrect event is generated when SM is changing

Moni Shoua monis at Voltaire.COM
Wed Dec 3 08:14:00 PST 2008

Jack Morgenstein wrote:
>> Things get worse if this patch
>>
> (http://lists.openfabrics.org/pipermail/general/2008-November/055680.htm
> l)
>> is applied since no event would be dispatched at all
>
> Does this mean that you do not want the patches applied?
> (I have put them into the upcoming OFED 1.4)

Since OFED-1.4  baseline is linux-2.6.27, the patches work fine there.
It will be a problem in **next** OFED (which will be probably based at least on linux-2.6.28) if
the bug that is described here isn't solved.

In the bottom line I'd like to keep the patches in OFED-1.4 but return to this issue in OFED-1.5

thanks