[ofa-general] Need help creating a network topology file for a 288-port Flextronics.

Amitoj G Singh amitoj at cs.uh.edu
Mon Dec 8 10:27:17 PST 2008

Spine switch is a 288-port Flextronics switch. Several Flextronics 24-port
leaf switches. 6 uplinks from each leaf switch to the spine switch.

OFED 1.2
kernel 2.6.21
Redhat 4

I have successfully defined almost the entire network topology but need
help defining the 288-port switch. The leaf switches are defined as
follows:

MTS2400 leaf-switch-1
         P19 -5G-> MT25204 node0101 P1
         P15 -5G-> MT25204 node0102 P1

and the spine switch had to be split into two 144-port spines and is
defined as follows (the only way I could get it to work)

MTS14400-DDR S144-1
	 L1/P1 -5G-> MTS2400 leaf-switch-1 P1
	 L2/P1 -5G-> MTS2400 leaf-switch-2 P1

MTS14400-DDR S144-2
         L1/P1 -5G-> MTS2400 leaf-switch-30 P1
	 L2/P1 -5G-> MTS2400 leaf-switch-31 P1

If I define the spine as "MTS28800" I get "switch undefined" error, but if
I split the 288 switch into two 144-port switches (S144-1 and S144-2) it
at least discovers the network but then I get the following errors ..

  Missing System Board:S144-2/spine1

  Missing System Board:S144-2/spine2

BTW, I am running the following commands ..

/usr/local/ofed/bin/ibdiagnet -pc -s sm-node -t /etc/ibadm.topo > /dev/null
/usr/local/ofed/bin/ibdiagnet -P all=1 -s sm-node -t /etc/ibadm.topo

Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.