[ofa-general] mlx4 support for fast_reg_mr

Tziporet Koren tziporet at dev.mellanox.co.il
Sun Dec 14 01:37:53 PST 2008

James Lentini wrote:

> To be clear, I'm referring to the fast_reg_mr APIs
> [ib_alloc_fast_reg_mr(), ib_alloc_fast_reg_page_list(), and the
> ib_send_wr's fast_reg type], not the FMR APIs
> [ib_alloc_fmr(),ib_map_phys_fmr(), etc].

FRWR was first implemented in 2.6.27, however we fixed several bugs
since then and I am notsure if Roland insert them to stable version of
2.6.27 or only to 2.6.28.
> Are the fast_reg_mr APIs supported with mlx4 and FW 2.5.0?

They supported in kernel as above and in OFED 1.4
Regarding FW support:
Features that are enabled with FW 2.5.0 only:
- Send with invalidate and Local invalidate send queue work requests.
- Resize CQ support.

Features that are enabled with FW 2.6.0 only:
- Fast register MR send queue work requests.
- Local DMA L_Key.
- Raw Ethertype QP support (one QP per port) -- receive only.

FW 2.6.0 is expected to be released this week.

Tziporet