***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Re: [ofa-general] Bugs in opensm/libvendor

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 04:07:30 PST 2008

Sasha,

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 2:38 AM, Sasha Khapyorsky <sashak at voltaire.com> wrote:
> Hi Hal,
>
> On 11:13 Mon 15 Dec     , Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>>
>> IMO the best solution is to extend the API for these to include
>> num_paths and support explicit settting of this as well as 0 so
>> backward compatibility is not lost.
>
> To preserve backward compatibility we can use num_path = 0x7f.

Sure; that's another altenative to using num_path 0 and is simpler to
implement than adding num_path as a parameter to the effected PR
queries. This approach also has the added advantage that it should
work with any SM.

> API can
> be extended OTOH it has already OSMV_QUERY_USER_DEFINED - flexible way to
> specify any form of SA query.

That's for different extension IMO (e.g. queries not supported by
standard SA API).

-- Hal