[ofa-general] Bugs in opensm/libvendor

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Tue Dec 16 08:02:13 PST 2008

On 07:08 Tue 16 Dec     , Hal Rosenstock wrote:

> > Do you know what is a reason for this "127 records" limitation?
>
> Once you get past the scalability discussion (including limiting it to
> SGID), is there a need for more than 127 ?

Let's say we want to get all paths between SGID A and DGID B, LMC=15 and
so there could be 256 possible paths (assuming that differences are only
in LIDs). Our first query will return 128 paths, then we will need to
query SGID/SLID -> DGID for each SLID above base LID A + 7, obviously
all this will require more queries, will pend more traffic and will hurt
SA scalability more than if there would unlimited (or limited as 256)
NumbPath.

> I think that allowing more
> paths is more important with various other types of wildcarded PR
> queries that are "beyond the spec".

This also could be good point. Any example?

Sasha