[ofa-general] RE: [ofw] RE: porting IB management code to Windows

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Tue Dec 16 14:12:25 PST 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 01:08:56PM -0800, Davis, Arlin R wrote:

> >MS already has a C99 POSIX environment they support and distribute, it
> >is called SFU and the bundled Intrix library set.

> Wouldn't this require all WinOF customers to have the SFU toolkit
> installed even for the binary distribution?

Thats well past my experience, but I have been led to belive it boils
down to a small number of support dlls in most cases. Maybe the
licensing is such that you can distribute it with the program like
you can with mfc*.dll/etc

That is the case for cygwin too - there is a core dll that provides
the posix API emulation - though there are some provisos..

Jason